Quick MTF is high-performance software designed for measuring the most important image quality factors. Whenever you are buying a new lens, a camera, or a scanner, Quick MTF can help you make an informed decision. All you need for assessing a device's quality parameters is a picture of a simple object taken taken with that device.
Why Quick MTF?
* You can save all the time that you would otherwise spend on reading multiple reviews and user opinions.
* As different samples of the same device model usually have somewhat different parameters, sometimes you have to check a few devices to select exactly what you need. Quick MTF lets you do that much more quickly and easily.
* Image quality strongly depends on such factors as the shooting mode, the distance from the image center, the additional equipment used, and so on. Quick MTF can help you find out how exactly those factors affect the image quality.
* The method implemented in Quick MTF is based on the ISO 12233 standard, so that you can test (as many Quick MTF users already do) not only camera lenses but also other imaging equipment.
Quick MTF measures:
* Resolution, including spatial frequency response (SFR), also known as modulation transfer function (MTF); edge spread function (ESF); and line spread function (LSF).
* Chromatic aberration (CA), including area CA in pixels, CA as a percentage of the image height, and CA as a percentage of the distance from the image center
* Color noise.
Quick MTF combines an intuitive user interface and a powerful, high-precision computing engine. It is an all-in-one solution, so you needn't install any external components or libraries.
The evaluation version of Quick MTF lets you analyze up to 40 edge profiles. Even after the evaluation period is over, you can use Quick MTF to view and analyze your old measurements.
» version 2.03 - posted on 2013-01-27
Calculation of LSF dispersion (sigma and variance)
» version 1.03 - posted on 2009-01-12
Raw data import, bug fixes
EULA - End User License Agreement
Thank you for trying out the Quick MTF software! By using this software, you agree to be bound by the following EULA.
Quick MTF End User License Agreement
Please read the terms and conditions of this license agreement (the "EULA") before installing the computer software (the "Software"). By installing and using the Software you accept and agree to the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement, do not install or use the software.
The term "Software" includes, and these terms and conditions also apply to any updates to the Software, except major updates.
This License permits you, as purchaser of the Software, to use one copy of the Software solely for your use on one computer per purchased copy of the software.
Maintenance and Support
All updates/upgrades for your purchased copy are free of charge, except major updates (for example to Quick MTF 3.x).
Free evaluation period
You have up to 40 profile analyses after you start using the Software. After the Evaluation Period ends you agree to either purchase the Software or discontinue using certain functionality of the Software. Upon such purchase, you will obtain a serial code that will convert the evaluation copy of the Software into a full licensed version.
You may install only one copy of the Evaluation version of the Software.
Evaluation version of the Software is only available for the purpose of evaluation or demonstation. You may not use it commercially.
You may not: use, copy, modify, or transfer copies of the Software except as provided for in this License; permit concurrent use of the Software; remove any proprietary notices or labels from the Software; reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or make derivative works based on the Software; or rent, lease, sublicense or assign the Software or any copy thereof.
You may not publish the results of running the Software without providing a clear reference to Quick MTF and its website, www.quickmtf.com.
Light version of the Software (Quick MTF Light) is only available for non-commercial personal use. You may not use it commercially.
All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Software and any and all copies thereof (including but not limited to any titles, computer code, images) are owned by Quick MTF author. The Software is protected by the copyright laws of Ukraine, international copyright treaties and conventions and other laws. All rights are reserved.
The Software is provided AS IS without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose.
Limitation of Liability
No event shall Quick MTF, its affiliates or its suppliers be liable in any way for any loss or damage of any kind resulting from the use of the Software including, but not limited to, lost profits, loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, data loss, data corruption or any and all other damages or losses.
Any failure to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA will result in automatic and immediate termination of this license. Upon termination of this license granted herein for any reason, you agree to immediately cease use of the Software and destroy all copies of the Software supplied under this EULA.